Ruby on Rails Developer
W6 Group is a technical recruiting firm partnered with a super cool startup in the LED lighting space.
Their product is an intelligent lighting system that focuses on efficient power management. They have positioned this product in the multi-billion dollar LED lighting market. This is a great opportunity to work on the ground floor with a startup that's doing great things.
The software team is still small. They are very collaborative and use Agile processes.
We are looking for an experienced developer to take ownership and work closely with the Marketing, Engineering, and Design teams in the creation of a robust API to support interactive lighting controls on desktops, via the web and on mobile devices.
- Own the architecture and development of highly available secure web services using Ruby On Rails.
- Craft and own the database design to support the web services and the organization utilizing NoSQL when necessary.
- Work closely with Product Managers and other stakeholders to translate functional requirements and use cases into code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related) is preferred.
- 3-7 years of experience in the creation of complex applications using modern web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, and Django.
- Experience developing and deploying scalable and secure applications using Amazon EC2.
- Experience with web front-end development frameworks.